Sunday, July 15, 2007

Claypot rice at vegetarian healthfood

Today, my friend YT recommended my two other friends and me to eat out at this veg place which had pretty good food. It really felt good to have friends who are willing to go eat at veg places with you and even recommend veg places for you :). Anyway, she brought us to Luo Han Zhai Vegetarian healthfood today at fortune centre. I had been to this place before and had their won ton mee and didn't find it very exceptional. Today, it was different. I had claypot rice, it came with the sauce still boiling. It was pretty good! The dish was sweet and salty at the same time, but not with either flavour overwhelming. They had some veggies, tofu, mock char siew, and mock meat in it. One of my other friend JX find the dish sweet throughout - even the mock meats :) I think it can be further improved with different flavours for the mock meats. It was interesting that Veggiebun also tried this dish last weekend, but given this place was her favourite haunt, I think it's no surprise :D

5 comments:

Veggie Bun said...

Hehe.. I went there again yesterday for the claypot rice! Twice in three days.. :P

P/S: Eat with red chili in soy sauce. It brings out the flavor more. (So it won't be too sweet like your friend said.)

KleoPatra said...

i want to go there!! What you have sounds so nice, and to have it prepared for you and not have to do it yourself... i'm lazy, so that's the only way to go for me!!!

dreamy said...

Oh! I didn't know there was red chilli in soy sauce, argh... I love chilli. I must try that next time.. but then if I go next time I probably try some other dishes, so many more left to try!

I am lazy too! But not when it comes to eating :D You must go there if you visit Singapore Kleo :) that place was pack with people, when some left, more came in. You can find a lot of cuisines for you to choose from, chinese, malay, jap, western are some of them.

Veggie Bun said...

Dreamy, the red chilis are at a counter by the side. There are other sauces there too. Btw, I noticed that they are usually more ppl on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month.

Kleo, you have to come here to try!! they are so good at making substitute of various types of local food that I no longer miss any non-veg food and each week, I can't wait for weekend to come so that I can visit this restaurant. Hehe..

dreamy said...

I see, maybe is because of the waterloo street temple nearby. I went on the 2nd day of the lunar month and the place was also packed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com