Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Found another vegetarian stall near Yummy food court

I pack my lunch at the vegetarian stall at Yummy Food court again. It was real cheap, again $2 for 3 dishes and 1 rice. I also took a look at it's sign again. It says Guan Yin vegetarian food in Chinese. Yummy food court is located at block 146. I decided to take a walk around the residential area to see if I can find other vegetarian stalls. To my pleasant surprise, I found another one at another coffee shop a few blocks away. There was this old woman hanging outside the coffee shop and she asked me to buy her lunch. So I bought Kway Chap from this new-found vegetarian stall for her. She doesn't want Kway Chap, so in the end I bought mix veg rice for her and eat the Kway Chap instead. The Kway chap has a stronger flavour than the one at Yummy food court, and there are more rice sheets in it. Of course, everything comes with a price, this Kway chap costs $2.50. My mix rice for lunch became my dinner, the deep fried mock chicken was soggy, but very good! (imagine if it wasn't soggy it would be even better!). And the special thing about Yummy food court's veg stall's rice was it's fragrance. I suspect they use pandan leaves to cook their rice - all the more worth it!

Today my manager asked me what I eat for lunch or do I eat at all, so I told her I ate from the places around my workplace. She was quite surprise, and later on she asked me why I want to suffer (by being a vegetarian), so I told her it's not suffering. I almost wanted to say, "the animals are the ones who suffer more", but I held myself back. She ask me is it for ethics again, so I said yes and of course it's worth it.

4 comments:

KleoPatra said...

i love this. Good for you! And it IS so worth it. i am grateful for people like you in this crazy ol' world in which we live...

Veggie Bun said...

The organizer of the workshop I attended recently is great because they provided vegetarian food. :) Then as we were queueing up for our lunch, a guy told me that he felt so guilty for using those disposable polystyrene plates. In my mind, I thought, "Eating meat also causes even more polution" but I just felt that I had better kept my mouth shut in case I offend him.

bazu said...

You are introducing your whole office to the concept of vegetarianism! Good for you!

dreamy said...

Thanks Kleo, I am grateful for people like you too! Your posts are very positive and interesting :)

Ah.. on a positive note...at least he cares about the environment, many ppl don't!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com