Monday, August 13, 2007

Kway Chap at Yummy food court

Today my collegue brought me to "Yummy food court" for lunch - which is actually a hawker centre located at the residential area near SGH. There is a vegetarian food stall there and I tried it's Kway Chap. I must say it was really really cheap! SGD$2 for a bowl! Just like the price I bought my lunch at school. The standard of the Kway Chap was average, but the portion was reasonable and it's definitely worth it. This vegetarian stall, like the two at Tiong Bahru market and food centre, was not listed in Vegetarian Society (Singapore) veggie food outlets list, so do take note of it's existence.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Cuisine of Singapore and Malaysia, Kway Chap is a dark brown, soup-based dish containing broad and flat rice sheets and traditionally, pig intestine (eeks). In the vegetarian version, tofu, tau pok, vegetarian intestine (made of gluten) are the more commonly used ingredients.

2 comments:

jn said...

Hehe.. I bet you can't beat the price of NUS canteen's kway chap.. it's only $1.50 for normal bowl and $1.80 for large.. :P

dreamy said...

hey... that's in school! School's prices are different :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com