Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Claypot noodles and mooncakes

I had noodles for both lunch and dinner today. Lunch was at Tiong Bahru food centre and I bought claypot yee mee from Cong Cong vegetarian stall. It was pretty good with much more vegetables than the usual "unhealthy" vegetarian food, and the gravy was still boiling when I collected it. The claypot noodles is SGD$3.

For dinner I also had some mooncakes besides noodles. Mooncakes are a kind of chinese pastry with sweet filling in them. Mid-autumn festival is coming and mooncakes are sold everywhere. At bendeemer, there is a cake shop which sells vegetarian snowskin and traditional mooncakes. The mini-sized snowskin mooncakes costs only SGD$2 for four pieces. The traditional vegetarian mooncakes sold there are also very cheap, but the "lotus" paste used is not 100% lotus seed paste.

6 comments:

Meg Wolff said...

Hello,
This is an interesting post. I have never had a mooncake, but would like to try one!

bazu said...

You've made me crave mooncakes!

urban vegan said...

I love mooncakes...but they are so fattening. I will look like the moon if I eat too many.

dreamy said...

You should try mooncakes if you haven't and with some chinese tea on the side :) Those snowskin ones are really nice. If you come to Singapore during the 8th lunar month (usually around september), you will get to see lots of mooncakes on sale :)

hahaha that's true! It's really high in calories but still... yum!

Travegan said...

Ah, yes, mooncake time... 中秋节快乐!Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! :-)

mumbot said...

Awesome blog! I hope there are some vegan mooncakes in NYC this year~! I haven't had a mooncake since before I was vegan like 11 years ago...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com