Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Herbal soup rice and advertisements

I had a claypot herbal soup with rice at Four Season for lunch. It was really hot and I would say, excellent if it was a rainy and cold day. The soup was really "herbally" with lots of wolfberries and the whole meal was very satiating. All for just $4.

The lady boss was very nice, she gave me a pack of 10 mini vegetarian curry puffs for my support. Although I couldn't eat it cuz of the non-vegan margarine, it was really sad to see her disappointed face when I first turn down the curry puffs, so I took them for some of my collegues.

News on the local paper...
It was found that kids have been affected by advertisements on their choice. Some kids were given exactly the same food in two different packagings - Mc Donald's packaging and plain packaging. Many of them said the food in Mc Donald's packaging tasted better. No wonder Chew On This mentioned that Mc Murder targets young children and condition us from young to like their food.

3 comments:

urban vegan said...

The soup sounds nice.

McDonalds McDisgusts me.

Veggie Bun said...

I remember taht I actually don't like McMurder's fries and burgers when I was still a kid. I only asked to go there to get the toys that come with the Happy meal... :P

dreamy said...

It you like the taste of chinese TCM herbs, it will be nice Urban Vegan :)

Yea, I also go there for the toys, in fact I have one whole big paper bag of them :o scary to think how much meat I have eaten...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com