Saturday, September 1, 2007

Vegan chocolates

Yesterday I finally had my very first vegan "milk" chocolate. Heavenly...

My mum said it's just like the usual milk chocolate and without the peculiar smell of milk which she dislikes. I could see she really like to have another piece, but the chocolate is however, extremely expensive. A small thin 50oz bar for around SGD$3. I found mine at Toa Payoh NTUC. The brand is Sweet Williams (all it's products are vegan). This chocolate is also suitable for people who are allergic to gluten and peanuts.

Despite the soothing, melt-in-your-mouth sensation of the milk, or rather, soy chocolate, I must say I still have a preference for the dark range. Its rich chocolatey taste is unrivalled by it's milk counterparts. Going vegan has restricted me to these dark chocolates, but I must say, thankfully, it had allowed me to discover my liking for them. I would probably never try the dark chocolates if I didn't go vegan. Chocolates aside... I am going to buy rice dream, and have my very first vegan ice-cream soon. Working life is tiring, but good :)

2 comments:

Edanator said...

Good you're not a student anymore if you have to pay so much for a tiny piece of chocolate. ;-)

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this one as well, but I also prefer dark chocolate. It's good to have a choice though.

dreamy said...

Yea, we are so starve of choices that anything is pretty much acceptable hahaha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com