Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ru Yi vegetarian stall

I made a trip to Tiong Bahru market for lunch again today. This time I didn't order from cong cong vegetarian stall - whom I patronize every time I go there. I tried it's neighbouring stall Ru Yi vegetarian stall. The last time I look at the food being displayed, they look so misearble and of such small portion as if they are almost sold out, today it's the same and I almost decide to go back to cong cong. Ru Yi only sell fried been hoon or noodles, but the bee hoon was good. Still, given another choice I will go back to cong cong. I will not patronise Ru Yi ever again because I was disgusted by the measely proportion they gave me. It wasn't a high-end place, the dish doesn't have a lot of expensive mock meats, the food isn't exactly healthy nor is it organic. It could have cost $1 or a maximum $1.20, and they charged $2 for it. I wondered why there are still many people who want to buy from them. Needless to say, I had to buy a yam pau to fill my stomach in the afternoon. I hate to give bad ratings to a vegetarian stall, afterall, they help make our lives easier, but this was really overboard.

5 comments:

NightOwl said...

Hi Dreamy! It's been a long time since we've been in touch. Congratulations on your job! I'm sorry you had a bad lunch today; the cong cong stall sounds lovely though. Every time I read your blog,I want to race to Singapore. (Which would take me about 24 hours of travel, hahaha!)

urban vegan said...

Good food is good food. Bad food is bad food. You have to tell it like it is!

Here's to happier meals next time.

dreamy said...

Hi nightowl, do come to Singapore there are lots of veg stalls and veg food to choose from :) if you go to Malaysia and know where the vegetarian places are, it will be great because the food there is even better!

:D Ok ok, I guess I have to be a little stricter next time. But the bee hoon is good! Just that's it's too little :( If you open vegan eateries here I think I will have lots of happy meals, so pls do :)

Anonymous said...

ah... As long as it's suitable food, I don't mind. I won't complain as food are just food when we needed them.

dreamy said...

hahah... I guess I can't complain either afterall without them I would starve, but still can serve bigger portions... can be hungry after a short while, but if u don't mind the bee hoon is quite good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com