Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ichiban Sushi

Yesterday I had a gathering with my friends and they went to Ichiban Sushi. I ate a little bread thinking there will not be vegetarian food over there, except perhaps maybe the cucumber sushi or chai poh sushi. To my surprise they have 4 different kinds of sushi suitable for vegetarians, but one uses mayo, so I ordered the other 2 and a rice set.

The rice set was the usual kind, rice and miso soup, with a couple of watermelon slices. The miso soup was pretty salty like most miso soup sold outside, but it was nice... Too little though, I was left with much rice which I ended up eating it with some chille powder :o

The vegetarian sushi wrapped in sweet beancurd skin was good! But there were many kinds of fillings used in the sushis and each was very little so I can hardly taste their individual flavours. Maybe if there were less ingredients in each it will taste better, like chai poh sushi.

8 comments:

urban vegan said...

I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised.

I love veggioe sushi. Amazingly, most places here have many veg varieties--avocado, cucumber, oshinko, yam, mushroom, tempeh, to name a few.

Anonymous said...

You took the picture :)

dreamy said...

:) I love sushis too!

Yea I took it with my friend's phone, I haven't got a camera, if I could take more pictures :)

Jackie said...

I have found when trying the avo sushi (the only veggie alternative here) that I can hardly ever taste anything except the wrap and the rice so found it rather tasteless. Funnily enough my bad attempts to make it myself tasted better even though it didn't look too good LOL

Veggie Bun said...

oh looks good, where is ichiban sushi? :)

dreamy said...

There is an outlet at Plaza Singapura level 6, not sure about other outlets...

Veggie Bun said...

Thanks! I never knew they have veg food so I didn't bother to try there

dreamy said...

I think more and more outlets have veg food to cater to us now with more awareness on veg in SG :) yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com