Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Vegetarian food at Whampoa

Merry Post-Christmas! Yesterday I went to the newly renovated Whampoa Hawker Centre for breakfast. It has four vegetarian stalls now! Unfortunately the stall which sells my favourite vegetarian Zhui Kueh is not there anymore. The Whampoa Hawker Centre is divided into two parts. Those stalls closer to Whampoa market sells breakfast and lunch. Those stalls further away sell lunch and dinner.

So much for the above description, I decided not to have my breakfast there and went to the Whampoa shophouses where there are a couple more vegetarian stalls, both at coffee shops. This is the stall I ate my vegetarian fish head bee hoon breakfast. Always remember to tell the proprietors not to add in milk for your fish head bee hoon if you want to veganize it. They have more veggies than usual, cost $2.50. If you hate MSG, give it a miss.
How can you go to Whampoa Market? Go to Balestier road - buses 145, 130, 139, 124, 125, 131, 186. From there, turn into Whampoa Drive, the market and hawker centre is on your left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com