Sunday, January 6, 2008

Forest Dew Vegetarian Restaurant

Today we had dinner at the newly opened, Forest Dew Vegetarian Restaurant at Bendemeer Road. The ambience was ok with simple decor, not-too-bright lights hanging above the tables and wooden chairs and tables, no background music I think. Since there were three of us we didn't order their set meals (plenty of options! Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Western-styled set meals) and went for rice and separate dishes instead.

Mum wanted the stir-fried watercress $4 - I was a little disappointed since stir-fried veggies are pretty normal, something I eat everyday. But when the dish came, I figured it wasn't a bad choice. The watercress was very tasty, unlike those usual stir-fried veggies you ordered from many other places.

We also ordered the vegetarian salted fish stir-fried with bean sprouts $4 - which was also very good.

This was the hotplate tom yam albalone mushroom. It came boiling when it reached the table. The sauce was thick and good! Sufficient sweet and sour taste. It's a little hot, but not too hot for those people who don't take hot stuff like curries etc. Not too many pieces of abalone mushrooms but worth the $6 considering its good sauce.

We ordered the pumpkin soup as well $3.50. I am not a big fan of pumpkin soup and dad ate all the "meat" and pumpkin pieces like he never ate before, so I can't tell you how they taste. I drank the soup and it was usual.

Look! The "meat" in the pumpkin soup! This picture makes me shudder because it looks so much like the real meat...

I can't believe mum actually wanted more food today when I am so full since I am usually the glutton. So here we are with another plate of cedar shoot fried rice $3.50. It look really interesting with the purple rice in the menu, but when it came it was white. Anyway, it tasted a little strange to me, but mum likes it.


The brown rice we ordered was $0.80 per bowl, bringing the bill up to $23.40. There isn't GST or service charge :) The (I presume) lady boss asked me if I also own a vegetarian outlet, I was so flattered! hahahaha... probably she saw me taking so many pictures of the dishes :D The dishes we ordered were mainly veggies this time, if you like mock meat they also have many such dishes. Next week will be set meals dinner...

10 comments:

Edanator said...

Sounds like you give this place a big thumb up?

Anonymous said...

Hey, first time, i heard of stir-fry watercress at veg. restaurant. I used to have simple stir-fry watercress at home quite a lot.

Not fair, so much good veg food at your side. Nothing much at my side :( -- crystal

Jari (travelling-vegan) said...

Damn, you're making me hungry! :-)

zephy said...

Hi Dreamy, You know the full address?

dreamy said...

eda: yes big thumbs up :) (at least for the dishes I ate besides the pumpkin soup which was quite normal)

crystal: Yea usually it's soup-styled, but they also have soup-styled watercress if u want. you can come here to eat mah crystal, sg is small enuf to do that :D

zephy: the address is 23 bendemeer road. it's in the building just beside the community centre.

Veggie Bun said...

Woah! looks really nice... Btw, bendeemer is near town area?

dreamy said...

bendemeer is ard boon keng mrt. it's just beside the CC.

The Hungry Ang Mo said...

I'll be going here today! Hope it's good!

Good post!

The Hungry Ang Mo said...

Wow! The mushroom meatballs are SUPERB! Did you try them?

Chef Mark Rasmussen said...

Great blog. Helps me familiarize myself with what's there as I plan a trip soon. Nice pics and great rstaurant reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com