Thursday, February 7, 2008

Vegetarian reunion lunch and dinner and Happy new year!

Happy New Year! Today is the first day of the Lunar New Year and, like last year, yesterday I had home-cooked reunion lunch and dinner, so here's what I ate.


The name for this dish would be "vegetarian sweet and sour tofu package". The tofu package is actually many pieces of tofu skin together. This dish is also a little hot.


This is known as "vegetarian feet and mushroom". Luckily it resembles nothing like a chicken feet. Besides the shiitake mushrooms, gluten pieces are also used.

This is an all-veggie stir-fry. With broccoli as the main vegetable. The yellow pieces in the picture are just a couple of ginger slices.

This is a dish of a variety of mock meats. At the top left (going clockwise): fried dumplings - my favourite; vegetarian prawn; vegetarian la chang (smoked sausage), and vegetarian chicken. In the centre it's mock char siew (barbecued pork) . This mock char siew was very good compared to many of the other mock char siew, has a strong sweet flavour to it.



This is known as "the soup of 7-coloured balls", vegetables + 7-coloured balls. Something we will have almost every year.

To see the reunion dishes I had last year, click here

Altight, back to enjoying my long awaited rest now :)


7 comments:

Edanator said...

Too much mock meat!!! :-)

Megan the Vegan said...

no such thing as too much mock meat! Looks great...I'd love to be able to try that stuff.

Jackie said...

A happy New Year to you. Lots of excitement in your part of the world this week I am sure.

What a wonderful Reunion meal you had lots of interesting dishes.

the vegan blog tracker said...

I'm a sucker for mock meat... perhaps because I spent the first 21 years of my life as an omnivore. I love that stuff. The pics make me hungry!

Mich said...

Nice blog :)

urban vegan said...

Happy, healthy new year!

Wow--Omniman would love this post...it all looks tasty.

dreamy said...

Eda it's the new year! Its ok to be a little more unhealthy hehe :D

Thank you eveyone for the well wishes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com