Monday, May 19, 2008

Secret Recipe @ Marina Square

The other day I was at Marina Square and my friends decided to lunch at secret recipe. I went in and saw two vegetarian dishes on the menu. One was spaghetti and the other was soba, and they indicate vegetarian on the menu. So I went for the Oriental soba. I bet no one ever order the soba, or maybe only 1/100 customers chose that, because the waitress was stunned and thought for second before saying "ok" :D.

The soba was served rather unusually. It doesn't come in hot soup, it doesn't come cold and dry. It came hot and dry, and it was a real big bowl of noodles. No wonder they mention "filling" on the menu. Don't worry though, the noodles' not a lot, lift the noodles up with the chopsticks you will go "Ah! So they hid a wad of lettuce underneath the noodles!". Although my friend says it smells nice, taste was rather plain, but was filling as mentioned. Aside from the unusual use of lettuce in the soba dish, they serve you chilli sauce meant for fries along with the soba, not a proper combination unfortunately. Aside from all these, the dish was very healthy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know they serve vegetarian dishes. A couple of years ago they used to serve Vegetarian cheese cake but when I visited it with friends a few months ago, was disappointed to see it removed from their menu:-(
Hope they wld have that back soon...

dreamy said...

I guess that's because many people are turned off by the word "vegetarian" and won't order it. Many things are vegetarian, but some people will not want when you label it as vegetarian, it's very strange.

Anonymous said...

I think for Pro-vegetarians it is the other way, if you find new vegetarian meals in non vegetarian restaurants, you share with your vegetarian friends or vegetarians will suggest your non-vegetarian friends to go there for gathering if not all agree to vegetarian meals. I think it is a loss if any non-vegetarian restaurants do not have a vegetarian meal menu as the population of pro-vegetarians seem to be growing. Eg. I understand Sakae Sushi & TCC had come up with vegetarian dishes.
Many non-vegetarians also find it more healthy to order vegetarian dishes at times...
I had not been to Secret Recipe ever since they dropped their Vegetarian cheese cake & now knowing that they have vegetarian dishes, I would likely suggest them to my friends for our next gathering....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com