Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hong Kong and Macau trip part 1

Finally some time to blog. I went on a free and easy trip to Hong Kong and Macau last week. Though I note down the vegetarian places that I would possibly be visiting, there wasn't much time for vegetarian food hunting as our iternary was pretty packed.

But I manage to get real veg food at the famous Po Lin Monastery on the 1st day where we went to see the Big Buddha on Lantau Island.

Do note the veg restaurant is not inside the cultural centre where the Big Buddha is. It is located inside the Monastery. There was also a vegetarian food festival going on at Ngong Ping village beside the Monastery where there were several booths selling veg related stuff, but it wasn't much.

First we were served soup (My friend says Cantonese people drink their soup 1st before eating the main meal).

Then the main dishes! You barely see mock meat in them - real veg food.

There was so much food left, so I pack them back to the hostel for dinner. We stayed at the USA hostel at Tsim Sha Tsui, Mirador Mansion. It was great for budget travelling. They have hot showers till midnight, air-con, drinking water (mineral water) from common corridor. The bedding looks reasonably clean and the place is located at the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. More about the trip and food from a veg restaurant in HK the next post. Here's a view out from our room.















4 comments:

zlyrica said...

Ah, I was there a month ago... photos coming up in our website ;)

Max mickle said...

Will you sow your photo through this blog.Actually i want visit Rome.so how i trip there? will you guide me? A online booking agency has assurance me that they are guide me.but i want to give some information through this blog.ok

Cn said...

Dear dreamy,

I would like to ask for your permission to use your photo in terms of the Big Buddha one in the article 'Hong Kong and Macau trip part 1'

The photo would not be used for any commercial use and would only be used for my Eportfolio in the AiDA Exam Course. It would be much appreciated if this is possible. If not, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

auntie p said...

Oh my, the food looked so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com