Friday, January 2, 2009

VSS Very Vege Christmas Party

20 December 2008: I attended the "very vege christmas party" by Vegetarian Society Singapore. The food was simply amazing!

Vegan log cake! There is only one way to describe the taste - non-vegan. Now we know how good imitations can really get without cruelty! :)


Vegan meat, not like any other. This was simply the best imitation I have ever tried and it couldn't be bought from shops. Chewing on it gives you the shudders because it simply felt like chewing on the real thing.


Vegan Shepherd's pie made by Pauline with mushrooms at the bottom.


Pasta and mash potato...


Kheng's minestrone soup...


And of course, with Shakib around there's always Shakib's salad - beautiful and healthful greens!

5 comments:

zweiya said...

Yummy! Looks fantastic!
Where did VSS find the vegan log cake?! Can they do vegan birthday cake? hehe

Sunny said...

Hmm, the decor on it looks like the coffee flavored version from Eastern Highland at Rocher Centre. I know its cakes are eggless but not sure if Vegan.
Wow, looks like quite a feast. Yummy:-)

dreamy said...

Sunny: Yes I think it's from Eastern Highland, but they were ask to veganize it.

Zweiya: Yes I think so, you just need to let them know :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I have never seen vegetarian food so attractive till I drool..

Bharat Book Bureau said...

Hello

Great Blog I will definitely bookmark your blog. I am also having a blog related to food and drinks http://foodmarketnews.blogspot.com/ which gives latest analysis and trends in food and drinks industry in the present recession period. I would appreciate if you could kindly bookmark my blog too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com