Sunday, September 30, 2007

Acar Lobak

I was flipping through my mum's collection of cookbooks today, and spotted this quick and easy recipe which I have not seen nor heard of before. If you are adventurous you can give it a try. Here's the recipe.

1 Chinese white radish (daikon or lobak) (~125 grams)
1 fresh red chilli
1 onion, thinly sliced
Salt
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar

Method:
1. Slice radish very thinly crosswise. Deseed Chilli and cut into rings.
2. Mix radish and onion with 1 tablespoon salt. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
3. Drain vegetables and squeeze until very dry, discard all liquid. Rinse in cold water, drain again, and pat dry with towel.
4. Toss vegetables well with chilli, vinegar and sugar. Chill for 1/2 hour and serve with rice.

Unfortunately I couldn't show you a picture of Acar Lobak as it was decorated by my creative doodle in my younger days.

Other...
I went to the Burmese temple near Balestier Road just now, they were having a petition to support the monks pro-democracy march to end the military rule. We signed the petition and they also gave us a red ribbon to pin to support.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 http://living-vegan.blogspot.com